Iglesia ni Cristo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question about the cross

2 posters

Go down

question about the cross Empty question about the cross

Post by crimson089 Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:08 pm

hmm... matagal ko na poh toh gus2 itanong but I don't know how & who to approach. I need an accurate explaination why the 'Cross' is prohibited in our church. Sabi poh ng mga friends ko d2 sa new era bawal daw po magsuot ng earrings, necklace, shirts or anything with cross on it but I never know why.

And also this one poh:

question about the cross 130px-Ankh.svg

this is The Ankh. Egyption hieroglyph for life, possibly originaly a representation of a sandal strap. As a symbol is denotes eternal life and when held to the nose of a dead pharaoh ensures his everlasting existance. It is held by many deities, in particular
Atum, the sun-god of Heliopolis, and (when seated) Sekhmet, the lion-headed war-goddess of memphis.

The Ankh was, for the ancient Egyptians, the symbol of life, pero some say it was a christian cross. They say it was one of the earliest forms of the Christian cross called the "Crux Ansata" or 'cross with a handle', and was adopted by early Coptic Christians. So, my 2nd question is, kung bawal po satin yung cross, is the Ankh symbol considered as a cross too? why? and bawal rin poh ba satin toh? why?

I was curious about this because I really liked the Ankh symbol, and I hope it's not bad to wear something with this symbol. I appreciate any replies. Thank you poh!

Last edited by crimson089 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : alignment of text)

crimson089

Locale : cavite
Kapisanan : Kadiwa

Back to top Go down

question about the cross Empty Re: question about the cross

Post by levis_dgreat Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:56 pm

hi there ms crimson.. A cross is prohibited when an object is made for pagan worship. Even if you use the object for other purpose, say.. for accessories or fads, still the cross which is obviously done for pagan worship should not be used.

On other hand, there are cross that can be used for everyday living such as checkered, cross mark or ekis, criss cross, or any cross which are not made for pagan things. You can't even go to school without "crossing" the street right?

About the Ankh sign, as you explained is enough for me to believe that its an obvious pagan thing. Mythology is another unchristian belief and there are no true christian except INC. So we must refrain from using things that our administration prohibit us.

Keep in mind that if your in a true Church, your also in a true administration. Hope this help and have a nice day ms curious. question about the cross Icon_razz bleh!

levis_dgreat

Locale : paco

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson089 Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:40 pm

ok thanks, i appreciate the reply. yes i'm curious and i don't want doubts to build up in my mind question about the cross Icon_surprised

crimson089

Locale : cavite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down